I have 6, (no wait, make that 8) loads of laundry calling my name in the living room. I don't mind doing laundry, but I like to do it when Chris is home, because Josh is a terror in the building laundry room. He gets so excited and has to poke and peek at everything, which means dropping a load in the machine takes an extra 5 minutes. So I've learned to make it a treat to come with me (for sanity's sake) and usually he stays in the apartment with Chris building towers or racing cars.
The best part about laundry day (besides the clean clothes) is folding it all. I time it so that the last loads come out of the dryers about 10 minutes after Josh goes to bed. By the time I lug it back into the apartment, Chris has a movie or a season of "Friends" cued up. I quickly dump the laundry all over the couch and we fold the laundry together while we watch TV. It may seem cheesy, but this is the best part of the week. I am guaranteed a movie/TV night with my hubby (and I know he won't fall asleep, because he's folding clothes) and the laundry gets folded in half the time it would take me to do it alone.
But tonight, Chris has already been asleep for half an hour, after a long weekend without much sleep. So I'm on my own for movie night tonight. Little bit sad, but at least I can pick a fun chick flick this time (because movie night means he gets a say in the choices). Off to do laundry and watch...
No comments:
Post a Comment