It's been a crazy couple months. We've had at least one apartment on the market since September and the last one finally rented this week. I'm so glad to be done with that, at least for a couple months!
I desperately need a vacation! This is how my week has gone so far...
Monday:
Got up, turned on the computer and was greeted by a message saying that a hard drive failure was imminent, so I should please back up all my data. Proceeded to spend the rest of the day and night (when not showing apartments, walking people through the application process, driving Chris from work to class, picking Chris up from class, and remembering to feed the small child wandering forlornly around the house).
Tuesday:
More of the same, but finally resigned myself to the fact that even though I probably wouldn't get everything off the computer, at least I had the most important stuff covered, turned off the computer and left the house. Went to the store to pick up a ready-made meal for a friend who recently had a baby (cause who has time to cook when trying to salvage a computer). Rushed from one end of town to the other to drop off the meal, then back across to pick up Chris from work for his eye appointment. (We went last week, but apparently the insurance company had cancelled his policy, even though we've still been paying for it.) Went home to do some lawn and gardening work at our building. (Didn't know at the time that it was almost 100 degrees out.) An hour later, someone hit our car parked on the street and didn't bother to leave any info. I spent the next half-hour on the phone with the insurance company scheduling repairs. Finished off the night with a birthday party for my brother-in-law, where I wasn't much fun (don't you love those headaches you get from crying to much).
Today: Dropped off the car at the repair shop, picked up the rental from the insurance company (so worth the extra bit of premium we pay for it). Took Josh to a play at the school he will attend this fall. (He's going to full-day preschool.) Back home, I found that while I still couldn't get online, the computer was running again and I was able to back up a few more things and delete stuff I didn't need to save. Ran Chris from work to class and am now enjoying the AC and internet at Mom's (cause with all the craziness we still haven't gotten the AC running in our place).
Chris and I are going away this weekend to the great north (almost to Canada...can't take the rental there, so I guess we'd better stick on this side of the border). It's our 7th anniversary, so we are leaving Josh with the highest bidder (3 offers, so far...). My grandparents move tomorrow and my other grandparents and an aunt are coming for a visit this weekend. It will be a busy week, but at least I'm getting a break halfway through!
No comments:
Post a Comment