My mom had a birthday yesterday. I was too busy dealing with a tantrum (not mine, Josh's) to say "happy birthday" until much later. =( Sorry, Mom!
My mom is awesome!
My earliest memory of her was when she was pregnant with my youngest sister. She was so beautiful (still is).
She homeschooled many children over the years (my sisters and I and lots of friends). She was smart and patient and let me read when I finished my work.
She (and Dad) travelled around the world with us (3 girls) in tow many times (and once did it without him).
She raised her daughters to love other cultures, foods, languages, and most importantly, God!
She loves my dad (tomorrow is their 31st anniversary)!
She never misses a birthday (and hates when her travels force her to).
She moved me halfway across the country for college and didn't flinch when I decided to switch schools and move home at the end of freshman year.
She drove me to local colleges, trying to find the right fit for my new major (and I'm sure jumped up and down when I chose her alma mater).
She didn't bat an eye (at least that I saw) when one sister and I decided to get married within 6 weeks of each other (with our other sister's high school graduation and open house right in the middle).
She did all the legwork (pricing, options) to give us both wonderful weddings.
She loves her sons (in law). Sometimes we wonder if she likes them better than us girls.
She loves Josh. She came to his birth (along with everybody else) and visited me almost everyday during our 2 week stay in the NICU, bringing me food and Starbucks and flowers. She will take him for an overnight, even when she's had a crazy week at work.
Josh wanted to marry her and cried when I told him he couldn't.
She opens her home to family and friends and lets them stay.
She goes out of her way to pick me up, especially when it was the dead of winter and I was stuck at home with a baby and no car.
She has to be ordered to leave the dishes alone when she comes over to babysit.
She deals with staff around the world and works well over 40 hours a week and still gets phone calls and emails at home, but doesn't complain.
She is my mama and I love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment