Wednesday, November 21, 2007

OCC

For several years now, I've worked at Operation Christmas Child. I am a line lead. I train and supervise volunteers inspecting the shoeboxes that come through our facility. It baffles me sometimes why the people packing the boxes don't pay more attention to the list they're given. "No liquids"--Why do we have buckets full of bubbles, shampoo, body wash at the end of a shift? "No food, hard candy only"--We've seen chips, drink mixes, dehydrated meals.

However, we get lots of great boxes, too. I love coming across a box that needs nothing added or removed. It's neat to see the boxes, many wrapped in bright paper. Soon they will be on their way around the world. Children will smile and play and laugh, because of these boxes. In years past, we've sent boxes to Iraq and Afghanistan. Where is your box going? This year we are shipping boxes to China, Russia, Mongolia, and many former USSR countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment