Thursday, November 29, 2007

290,000 boxes and counting

Well, after a week of work, I'm exhausted. I've had some long days. Nothing like getting up at 8 or so with a kid and trying to catch up on stuff around the house after getting home at 11:30 the night before. I love my job though. Seriously! I get to listen to Christmas music for hours on end! I love Christmas music. There are bows, wrapping paper, and presents everywhere. I meet people from across the Cities and the state, as well as neighbouring states. These folks drive hours to volunteer with us. Some stay for the day, others for the weekend. And what's amazing is that some of them have done this several years.

We have been sending boxes out the door so quickly! The final count on Tuesday night was around 290,000 boxes (and that's after only 5 days of processing them)! We usually run about 2.5-3 weeks. Our goal is 700,000 this year, I think we're going to make it. If you haven't dropped off your boxes yet, hurry!

My favourite shoebox fillers that I've seen to-date are:
knitted/crocheted hats, scarves, and sweaters
fluffy homemade pillows

No comments:

Post a Comment