Okay, so it's not really a snowfall, not even a dusting. But we have spotted snow off and on since lunchtime today! I love this time of year, when the sight of snow is exciting. I have two favourite snows. The best kind of snow is the type that shimmers on everything. It looks like fairy dust sprinkled everywhere. The sky turns orange-pink at night from the lights reflecting off the snow onto the clouds above. You slide everywhere, because the snow is like flat discs that slip on one another. A close second is the thick, heavy snow. When it falls, it clumps together. Once, I saw a snowfall where the "flakes" were actually clumps of snow strung together 2-3 inches long. It makes great snowballs and snowmen.
Every year, I wish for snow on my birthday. Some years it happens, some years nothing. One year, we had so much snow that our car got stuck in the road. This year, I'm getting snow! I know it's not much; the ground isn't even damp from it. But snow is snow! Soon we'll be surrounded by it and be wishing it was green everywhere. But for now, I'm revelling in the thought that winter is around the corner, bringing the fun and joy of the holidays. Only 49 more days until Christmas!!!
I don't think I'm ready, but your out-look on it all makes it seem a bit more delightful, instead of terrifying! Come and play with us over here at Far East if you need to get out:)
ReplyDeleteHey are we still on for tomorro night? If so I got a babysitter and we will be over after youth group. It;s at your moms right?
ReplyDeletelet me know.
By the way - you are crazy for wanting snow, never knew how much you loved it! The things I am discovering about Ms Hannah. See you at moms group.