Josh and I had a fun day out and about today. We went to Wal-Mart for an eye appointment and looked at toys and fish. Then we went over to the EP mall, where we had some yummy lunch together. I was very impressed. Rather than eating quickly and being ready to go before I was half-done, Josh ate slowly, chatting here and there with me.
After lunch, we walked down to the play area. I read a book while Josh played for an hour and a half (I'm not kidding!). He made a friend (a little boy around his age). The two of them played at least an hour together. The other boy would hide and then pop around corners and Josh would laugh hysterically (to the point that some of the other parents were starting to laugh with him). They chased each other up and down and around. We ended up leaving at the same time as the other boy and the two of them hugged and said, "Bye, friend!"
It was so fun to watch Josh make a friend. In the past, Josh has always hung around the edges, watching the other kids, but not usually playing with them if he didn't know them. So it was neat to see him interacting without being prompted to play with someone else. (He's getting so big!)
No comments:
Post a Comment