Monday, February 18, 2008

Poor PJs

Josh got this pop-up laundry hamper for his birthday. It is supposed to sit in the corner of his room and hold stuffed animals, but lately it has seen a new use. Josh likes to dump all the animals on the floor and then wander around the house with the hamper upside down on his head (it comes down past his knees). I'm sure glad it doesn't hold dirty clothes!

Also, Josh likes to lay his upper body on the coffee table and prop his feet on the couch, making a bridge between the two. He'll sit like this for a long time; it's his favourite way to watch TV.

So today, he decided to combine the two. He put the hamper over his head, and then made a bridge. Naturally, Josh slipped and had no hands to throw out to catch himself, thanks to the hamper. I heard a crash, followed by screaming. I got him to the bathroom soon as I saw his nose dripping blood, all the while thinking, hey, it's his first bloody nose!

We sat on the toilet lid and alternately mopped his nose and his tears for about 10 minutes. At one point, the tears began to subside, only to be followed by another torrent. "What's wrong? Does your head or nose hurt?" I asked. "No," he cried, "It got on Nana's jammas! I make Nana sad!" He was still wearing PJs that he had worn home from my parents' last night and thought she'd be upset that they had blood on them!

We got the PJs off and washed them out. He scared me briefly by falling asleep suddenly on the couch an hour later (at 11:30, this from the kid that doesn't nap before 3 or 4!). But when I was checking his responses, he opened his eyes and said, "Mama, you woke me up!" rather indignantly. I think he's fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment