Thursday, April 3, 2008
How to bathe a baby
How do you bathe a boa?....I mean, a baby? On Tuesday, Josh and I went over to my sister's house to hang out for the day. My new niece, Vifen, needed a bath and it would be her first real bath. Josh and Dida wanted to watch, so we put the bathtub on the kitchen peninsula so that they could pull chairs up and I could take pictures. Sarah filled the tub while I got Vifen ready and kept an eye on the kids. Dida was just around the corner from me and reached into the tub. I thought she was just checking the water temperature again (she was afraid Sarah would burn her sister!), until water started pouring out of the tub, across the counter, and onto the floor. Dida had pulled the plug on the tub! Vifen was laying on the counter, so I reached over to try and re-plug the tub. I managed to push the plug all the way through the little hole. So water is still pouring out, I'm trying to hold on to the baby and can't pull the plug back in with just one hand. Sarah struggles with it for a second and then brilliantly decides to carry the tub to the sink. Only now the tub has suctioned itself to the countertop! At about this point, Dida breaks out in hysterical screaming. We looked at her and the water everywhere and started laughing. Sarah finally got the tub plugged and we emptied her linen closet of every towel, which had just been washed, dried, and folded that morning. Sarah refilled the bathtub and we were finally able to give poor Vifen her bath. And that is how you bathe a baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
man- and why didn't i brave the snow? That would have been worth seeing!
ReplyDeleteHannah - that is super funny :) I love the sense of humor kids can bring out, especially when you are with people you love!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to come home and spend more time with you girls!