Thursday, August 21, 2008

CDO

I saw this great joke last month. "I suffer from CDO. That's OCD, but with all the letters in the right order."

Okay, so I've decided that Josh has a slight OCD issue. I've caught him walking heel-to-toe on lines and stepping over lines on the sidewalk. The other day, I noticed he was walking oddly, so I watched to see what was wrong. He appeared to be limping. Just as I was about to ask him what was wrong, I saw... He was shortening and lengthening his stride so that each section of the sidewalk got 3 steps. OKAY...

He will start to tell us something, get a word wrong, stop and repeat the whole thing from the beginning, correctly.

He will spend hours (well, minutes, but when you compare the attention span of a preschooler to an adult, it might as well be hours) lining up his toys. Sometimes the lined up toys will simply sit there, their only purpose, apparently, is to be in order (and trip Mom as she walks by...I swear those cars with their sharp corners sure like to drive into my path).

This first picture is the most common scenario in our house. The cars drive, en mass, from Josh's room to another area of the house. This varies depending on Josh's mood. Sometimes they only make it through the bathroom (yes, Josh's room is only accessible through the bathroom, don't ask me why, we just live here...). On occasion, the cars make it to the far end of the kitchen. They must get tired from such a long trip. Sometimes the dumptruck (who is pretending to be Mack, until Mack moves to our house) will give them all a ride. Once they've reached the designated spot, all the cars, except 3 racing cars (the King, Chick, and Lightning), will line up. These are the spectators. (Usually the cars would be lined up evenly, but I took the photo before he finished lining them up.) They will watch the 3 racing cars drive the length of the house. As you can see, an important race is about to start! This time, Nitro was allowed to race with the big guys!

I love the lighting in this photo! In this one, the cars are all driving on the road of one of those play rugs. Except for Mater at the edge of the photo, all cars have their wheels within the lines and are driving with bumpers touching each other.

I love my monkey, even if he is a little goofy!

No comments:

Post a Comment