Sunday, August 3, 2008

Midnight walk in the rain

It was 10 PM and Josh had a long nap and wasn't about to be tired. We decided to go for a walk. It had just gotten dark and we brought an umbrella because it was starting to sprinkle. We set out for hot chocolate. When we got to Dunn Bros coffee shop and found they were closed, our first thought was to give up and go home. However, with burning desire in our hearts for liquid relaxation, we decided to press on. We walked another bit to get to my favorite coffee shop, The Beat. Josh and I had hot chocolates, but Hannah had a white mocha, and will probably keep me up half the night with chipper conversation. By the time we had finished our tasty beverages it was pouring rain. Josh and I rolled up our pant legs and we all crowded under the yellow and blue Ikea umbrella to start sloshing home. Some of the way Josh wanted to walk and sometimes he asked to be carried. Either proposition was a wet one for all parties involved: Josh, the one carrying him, and the one holding the umbrella. At the end we threw off the fetters of the Swedish accessory and raced for the front door. Soaking wet, we all had to have showers and dry off when we got home. As I write this, peace rises in me like the puddles outside my open window and I am thankful. I am serenaded by the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment