It all started very innocently. I was at work and had a small group working on my line. They were running low on filler toys, so I thought I would give them a hand and refill some things. I grabbed a box and my box cutter and started cutting through the tape. Suddenly the cutter jumped back, right into my left hand. After much fumbling with gauze pads, trying to stop the bleeding, one of my co-workers, who is a first-responder, decided I needed to go in for stitches. So off I went, with my sister driving, to the nearest after-hours Urgent Care. A couple hours later, my finger was numbed and Sarah and I watched in interest as the doctor put 3 stitches in my finger. It's a strange thing to watch someone sewing your skin, but you can't feel it at all. I think the lidocaine to numb the area hurt worse than the cut or the tetanus shot that followed. Imagine getting 5 or so shots of novacaine at the dentist and multiply the pain of the shots by 5! Ouch!!! I now have 3 stitches in my finger and a splint wrapped around to immobilize it. In 10 days, I get to watch them take the stitches out!
poor hannah - sorry that happened!
ReplyDelete