Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cars

I can't believe it's almost been 3 years since Josh was born. What a busy 3 years it's been, but I wouldn't trade them for anything! He made a commotion at birth and hasn't stopped since. Those of you who don't believe me, he can be quiet out and about, but the kid doesn't stop talking at home. He self-narrates, though not as much as he used to. I love him!

We're having a "Cars"-themed party for him this year. I've not done a theme for any of his parties before, mostly because I never thought ahead very well. We moved a week before his first birthday and I'm not really sure what my excuse was for last year. Not like he's going to remember those ones anyways.

Josh is really into "Cars" right now. He got a few of them as an early birthday present from my Grammie. He knows lots of the lines from the movie and likes to act out the scenes with his own cars. The other night, he realized that he doesn't have Red (the fire truck). I was prepared to listen to him talk for an hour about his lack of Red, since I've been treated to this speech before, only it was because he has a blue Mater, not a brown one. Instead, he went in his room and dug around his toys and came back with a fire truck (not a Matchbox-sized one, but a large (8-inch) Little People fire truck).

1 comment: