Saturday, January 5, 2008

Sunday

I finally feel ready for Sunday. Sounds odd, I suppose? I'm the Kindergarten-4th grade Sunday School coordinator at my church. This means making sure volunteers show up, classrooms are ready, and any other behind-the-scenes prep work. I've spent the last 3 weeks scurrying around each Sunday morning for various reasons. Last week, a third of my volunteers didn't show up. Not sure where they were... The week before, I ran out of paper while trying to print curriculum for a new teacher and prepare a craft. It makes me wonder, what's going to go wrong this week? I'm not really worried about it at this point. I think not much more could happen at this point. I've had disruptive kids, missing teachers and supplies, and did I mention that my supervisors (who trained me in) have been out of the country for this whole time!

Seriously, I know that God is really helping me not to feel too stressed out about all of this. It's frustrating to change plans at the last minute, but isn't that how most of life is? Still, if you think of it, I'm teaching again on Sunday. Teaching elementary-age kids is interesting after years of working with children ages newborn-3 years. I keep getting surprised when they talk to me and I can understand everything they say. Anyways, yeah, I could really use your prayers on Sunday morning!

2 comments:

  1. I will pray for you! I am so grateful for you taking on this role. I love that delaney will be under your care soon...well a year or so.

    You have been such so generous in giving of yourself to our church body. Thanks for the way you bless so many people! Be encouraged!!!

    love,

    vicki

    ReplyDelete