Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bedtime Woes

Could someone please tell Josh that the rule is that if you get up early and don't take a nap, you have to go to bed early? It has been such a long day! We got up early and drove Chris to work, then ran errands, including getting my stitches out. Josh had a couple minor meltdowns, but was pretty good considering I dragged him around for 3 hours. We came home and he went in his room for his nap (which starts out as reading in bed and is followed after an hour by a nap). Today he just would not calm down. I finally went in after an hour to check on him and the poor kid had a messy diaper. Why he doesn't tell me, I'm not sure... So now he's got a bit of a rash! After another attempt, it was time to pick Chris up.
We had supper and a quick bath, which ended rather abruptly. The water hurt his rash, so he stood up and bumped his head on the bottom of the cup of water I was about to dump on his head. (Crying session #1)
The bedtime story was followed by crying session #2, an hour of arguing, whining, talks, and timeouts.
Once I finally got him settled and left the room, I had to go back in twice. The second time, he couldn't find his cup. (Gee, who wouldn't be thirsty after all that crying?) My finger is still splinted and as I picked up his cup to hand it to him, it slipped out of my hand (you try holding a cup with your index finger in a metal splint), and of course, bumped him in the nose. Begin crying session #3, this time with mommy joining in! Poor kid, he was in "I'm sorry" mode from the first hour of disobeying, so soon as I apologized, he starts in with "I'm sorry"!

p.s. He's now peacefully asleep. (Why do kids have to test you that last hour or so that they're up?) I'm ready to crash and it's only 8!

2 comments:

  1. I would have been crying too! Hope your finger feels better soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those nights 'lovely'? :-/ We all have them though! Good job getting through it. :)

    ReplyDelete