Friday, December 28, 2007

George and Band-aids

Josh is currently watching "Curious George" and the crock-pot is cooking chili for supper. Josh's godparents and their daughter are coming over to hang out. My house is mostly clean, just don't look at the dust-bunnies under the bed!

Josh started whimpering during his nap about bumping his head. I tried to look at it, but he was insistent that all it needed was a doctor. I offered to be the doctor, but he wasn't buying it. So then he decided that he really needed a band-aid. There was no convincing him otherwise. (Believe me, I've been trying to argue him out of it for the last few days.) Sure, anything to get back to your nap! I got him a lovely Spiderman band-aid, which went smack in the middle of his forehead. He didn't sleep, but happily played in his room for an hour and half. After his nap, he came to me wanting his band-aid removed, since the owie was all better. I peeled back a corner and he winced and pulled back. Did you know small children have lots of tiny hairs on their foreheads? I told him we could take it off after his bath or pull it off really fast. Josh opted for a quick removal. We yanked it off stopping halfway through for a quick "ouch!". He doesn't want anything to do with that band-aid now! Maybe he won't ask for band-aids mid-nap again....?

1 comment: