Josh has been really into this set of kiddie songs CDs lately. It's all we listen to in the car, and we've been in the car at least an hour a day for 3 days now. Some of the songs are really funny or just your standard "row, row, row your boat" types. But there are a couple that are just plain odd. I've got one stuck in my head right now. Each verse contains exactly one (yes, ONE) word that is repeated 10-15 times. The verses include: stinkyfeet, monkeybreath, and a couple others. The tune is, of course, very catchy, but I wish they could have put nicer words in it. I mean, I know that it's just a song to be goofy, but I sure hope Josh doesn't pick up on the names and use them on someone. Yikes, that would take some explaining. "Yes, my child just called you monkeybreath. No, he didn't mean anything by it."
Josh also has a lullaby CD. This one I really enjoy. One of my favourite songs on it is "All the pretty horses". He used to have a lullaby CD that was instrumental, until I found this one, which has a lot of lullabies, but sung quietly, with instruments. Since we started playing it, he has learned so many new songs, "Twinkle, twinkle", "Rock-a-bye baby". It's so nice to listen to him singing in his room. The best is that he always goes up on the last note of "Rock-a-bye", almost like he's trying to harmonize.
Anyone have any favourite songs from childhood (silly, serious, fun)?
LOL
ReplyDelete