Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tomorrow is...

Tomorrow Josh is going to be a fireman. He's excited about it, but I've got a feeling it might take some bribery to get him into the costume. Talking about it is one thing, but having to actually do something.....He can get a little nervous about new things like that. Last year, we constantly talked about his costume and how fun it would be. And he really seemed to enjoy it, or at least not notice that he was wearing it. I've learned with Josh that if I talk excitedly about how fun, nice, etc. something is, he's usually convinced.

When I was a kid, all the missionaries in our area would get together to celebrate the holidays. At Halloween, the kids would trick-or-treat from room to room. Even the parents got in on the dressing-up (no scary costumes allowed). Some families would have a theme and be dressed alike. Indians, hillbillies, cowboys/girls, animals, clowns, middle-aged businessman. We could get pretty creative! It's fun looking back at those pictures. And they are great for blackmailing....

No comments:

Post a Comment