Sunday, October 14, 2007

Oh, the places I've been

the Philippines: Dusty, hot, beautiful. Riding in jeepneys and tricycles. Running around barefoot. Rice Terraces and oceanliner ferries.

Brasil: Coconuts and acai. Monkeys in the backyard. No screens on the windows. Cicadas chirping (or however they make that noise). White-sand beaches and cangas.

England: Cold and rainy. Double-decker buses (I was pretty little, so I don't remember much more than that).

United States: Yeah, this just about needs its own blog (all the states are so different). MN lakes, KY backroads, NM mesas, CO/MT/WA mountains, OR waterfalls, NH rivers. Fall leaves.

Dominican Republic: Swimming in an ice-cold river that was perfectly clear. Tarantulas and foot-long centipedes (I didn't like these).

Singapore: A "fragile" city. Glass windows everywhere, sparkling in the city lights. Singing fountains and underwater aquariums.

Indonesia: "The Jungle Book". Being "babysat" by people whom I now view as peers. The guy swimming like a frog in the pool below our hotel room.

Canada: The confusing overpasses of the Montreal area. Amethyst mines/quarries (what are they called?).

1 comment: